- Memory with flexible architecture:
- 128k x 32
- 256k x 16
- 512k x 8
- NV circuitry transparent to/independent of host
- Automatic write protection circuitry
- Separate chip-enables for access by byte, word, or long word
- Access times: 70ns, 100ns, or 120ns
- Unlimited write cycles
- Equal read/write cycle times
- JEDEC-standard 72-position SIMM connection
- Lithium source with freshness seal
- Operating ranges:
- 5V±10% tolerance
- 0°C to 70°C
Using precise comparators, the DS2227 monitors incoming Vcc for an out-or-tolerance condition. When such a condition occurs, the internal lithium energy source is automatically switched on and write protection is unconditionally enabled to prevent data corruption.
While the DS2227 is used like a standard static RAM, it can be flexibly configured by virtue of separate read, write, and chip-select bits for each of the four memory banks.
Dallas' nonvolatile memory chips are known throughout the industry for low-power consumption. They render data nonvolatile for greater than 10 years in the absence of power, greater than the useful like of the associated equipment.