- Provides a parallel port interface for Dallas Buttons
- No external power required
- Coexists with other parallel port resident products
- Operates with DOS, OS/2®, Windows®, PC Based-UNIX, Windows NT, QNX
- Used to protect applications installed on a system
The modularity of the DS1410D allows for easy feature customization. The device supports the insertion of two buttons, which can be removed and replaced to vary functionality.
For example, a DS1427 time button can be programmed for a 30 day expiration, issued with a DS1410D, and a software copy. The evaluator can be converted into a registered user by issuing a DS1425 button and inserting it into the second receptacle.
The DS1410D supports the same buttons as other Dallas button holders. This allows standardization of any protection scheme across virtually all hardware platforms, regardless of the operating system. The buttons remain constant, and the button holders change according to the specific platform interface.