- 7ps Deterministic Jitter (MAX3296)
- 22ps Deterministic Jitter (MAX3286)
- +3.0V to +5.5V Supply Voltage
- Selectable Laser Pinning (Common Cathode or Common Anode) (MAX3286/MAX3296)
- 30mA Laser Modulation Current
- Temperature Compensation of Modulation Current
- Automatic Laser Power Control or Constant Bias Current
- Integrated Safety Circuits
- Power-On Reset Signal
- QFN and Thin QFN Packages Available
- ATM LAN光发送器
The MAX3286 series (MAX3286–MAX3289) is optimized for operation at 1.25Gbps, and the MAX3296 series (MAX3296–MAX3299) is optimized for 2.5Gbps operation. Each device can switch 30mA of laser modulation current at the specified data rate. Adjustable temperature compensation is provided to keep the optical extinction ratio within specifications over the operating temperature range. This series of devices is optimized to drive lasers packaged in low-cost TO-46 headers. Deterministic jitter (DJ) for the MAX3286 is typically 22ps, allowing a 72% margin to Gigabit Ethernet DJ specifications.
These laser drivers provide extensive safety features to guarantee single-point fault tolerance. Safety features include dual enable inputs, dual shutdown circuits, and a laser-power monitor. The safety circuit detects faults that could cause dangerous light output levels. A programmable power-on reset pulse initializes the laser driver at startup.
The MAX3286/MAX3296 are available in a compact, 5mm x 5mm, 28-pin QFN or thin QFN package; a 5mm x 5mm, 32-pin TQFP package; or in die form. The MAX3287/MAX3288/MAX3289 and MAX3297/MAX3298/MAX3299 are available in a 16-pin TSSOP-EP package.