说明The DS1670 portable system controller is a circuit that incorporates many of the functions necessary for low-power portable products integrated into one chip. The device provides a real-time clock (RTC), NV RAM controller, microprocessor monitor, and a 3-channel, 8-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC). Communication with the DS1670 is established through a simple 3-wire interface.
The RTC provides seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, and year information with leap year compensation. The RTC also provides an alarm interrupt. This interrupt works when the DS1670 is powered by the system power supply or when in battery-backup operation, so the alarm can be used to wake up a system that is powered down.
Automatic backup and write protection of an external SRAM is provided through the VCCO, active-low CEOL, and active-low CEOH pins. The backup energy source used to power the RTC is also used to retain RAM data in the absence of VCC through the VCCO pin. The chip-enable outputs to RAM (active-low CEOL and active-low CEOH) are controlled during power transients to prevent data corruption.
- Provides Real-Time Clock Counts Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Date of the Month, Month, Day of the Week, and Year with Leap Year Compensation Valid Up to 2100 Power-Control Circuitry Supports System Power-On from Day/Time Alarm
- Microprocessor Monitor Halts Microprocessor During Power Fail Automatically Restarts Microprocessor after Power Failure Monitors Pushbutton for External Override Halts and Resets an Out-of-Control Microprocessor
- NV RAM Control Automatic Battery Backup and Write Protection to External SRAM
- 3-Channel, 8-Bit ADC
- Simple 3-Wire Interface
- 3.3V Operation
|Time Keeping Current|
|Memory Type||Time of Day Alarms||Functions||Package/Pins||Budgetary|
技术资料设计指南 5791 Tips for Writing Bulletproof Real-Time Clock Control Code
设计指南 5413 State Machine Logic in Binary-Coded Decimal (BCD)-Formatted Real-Time Clocks
应用笔记 4247 Oscillator Design Considerations for Low-Current Applications
应用笔记 3816 Selecting a Backup Source for Real-Time Clocks
应用笔记 701 Using the DS32kHz with Maxim Real-Time Clocks
应用笔记 505 Lithium Coin-Cell Batteries: Predicting an Application Lifetime
应用笔记 504 Design Considerations for Maxim Real-Time Clocks
应用笔记 100 DS1670 Portable System Controller
应用笔记 58 Crystal Considerations with Maxim Real-Time Clocks (RTCs)
- Highly Accurate RTC with Integrated MEMS Resonator Completely Manages All Timekeeping Functions
- 64-Byte RAM for User Data Storage
- Simple Serial Interface Connects to Most Microcontrollers