说明The DS1557 is a full-function, year-2000-compliant (Y2KC), real-time clock/calendar (RTC) with an RTC alarm, watchdog timer, power-on reset, battery monitor, and 512k x 8 nonvolatile static RAM. User access to all registers within the DS1557 is accomplished with a byte-wide interface as shown in Figure 1. The RTC registers contain century, year, month, date, day, hours, minutes, and seconds data in 24-hour BCD format. Corrections for day of month and leap year are made automatically.
The RTC registers are double-buffered into an internal and external set. The user has direct access to the external set. Clock/calendar updates to the external set of registers can be disabled and enabled to allow the user to access static data. Assuming the internal oscillator is turned on, the internal set of registers is continuously updated; this occurs regardless of external registers settings to guarantee that accurate RTC information is always maintained.
The DS1557 has interrupt (active-low IRQ/FT) and reset (active-low RST) outputs which can be used to control CPU activity. The (active-low IRQ/FT) interrupt output can be used to generate an external interrupt when the RTC register values match user programmed alarm values. The interrupt is always available while the device is powered from the system supply and can be programmed to occur when in the battery-backed state to serve as a system wakeup. Either the active-low IRQ/FT or active-low RST outputs can also be used as a CPU watchdog timer, CPU activity is monitored and an interrupt or reset output will be activated if the correct activity is not detected within programmed limits. The DS1557 power-on reset can be used to detect a system power down or failure and hold the CPU in a safe reset state until normal power returns and stabilizes; the active-low RST output is used for this function.
The DS1557 also contains its own power-fail circuitry, which automatically deselects the device when the VCC supply enters an out-of-tolerance condition. This feature provides a high degree of data security during unpredictable system operation brought on by low VCC levels.
- Integrated NV SRAM, Real-Time Clock (RTC), Crystal, Power-Fail Control Circuit, and Lithium Energy Source
- Clock Registers are Accessed Identically to the Static RAM; These Registers Reside in the 16 Top RAM Locations
- Century Byte Register (i.e., Y2K Compliant)
- Totally Nonvolatile with Over 10 Years of Operation in the Absence of Power
- Precision Power-On Reset
- Programmable Watchdog Timer and RTC Alarm
- BCD-Coded Year, Month, Date, Day, Hours, Minutes, and Seconds with Automatic Leap Year Compensation Valid Up to the Year 2100
- Battery Voltage-Level Indicator Flag
- Power-Fail Write Protection Allows for ±10% VCC Power-Supply Tolerance
- Lithium Energy Source is Electrically Disconnected to Retain Freshness Until Power is Applied for the First Time
- Also Available in Industrial Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C
|Memory Type||Memory Size|
|Time of Day Alarms||Functions||Package/Pins||Budgetary|
技术资料设计指南 5791 Tips for Writing Bulletproof Real-Time Clock Control Code
设计指南 5413 State Machine Logic in Binary-Coded Decimal (BCD)-Formatted Real-Time Clocks
应用笔记 5013 Maxim产品中的内嵌锂电池
应用笔记 520 Using a Watchdog Timekeeping RAM with a Microcontroller
应用笔记 507 PowerCap Package Allows for Density Upgrades, Surface Mount Assembly
应用笔记 504 Design Considerations for Maxim Real-Time Clocks
- Highly Accurate RTC with Integrated MEMS Resonator Completely Manages All Timekeeping Functions
- 64-Byte RAM for User Data Storage
- Simple Serial Interface Connects to Most Microcontrollers