- Evaluates the MAX19692/MAX19693
- Supports Maximum Update Rates
- 2.3Gsps for MAX19692
- 4.0Gsps for MAX19693
- Proven 12-Layer PCB Design
- Single-Ended Clock Interface
- 2.3GHz Maximum Clock Rate (MAX19692)
- 2.0GHz Maximum Clock Rate (MAX19693)
- Single-Ended DAC Output Interface
- Selectable Frequency Response (MAX19692)
- Wideband Output Transformer
- Supports from 50MHz to >2GHz
- On-Board 1.25V Reference Circuitry
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX19692 and MAX19693 evaluation kits (EV kits) include either a MAX19692 2.3Gsps or MAX19693 4.0Gsps 12-bit, direct RF synthesis digital-to-analog converter (DAC). The evaluation board includes a transformer circuit used to convert the differential DAC output to a singleended 50Ω signal. An on-board 3-transformer circuit is also provided to convert a single-ended 50Ω clock source into the well balanced, 50% duty cycle, 100Ω differential source required by the MAX19692/MAX19693.
The MAX19692/MAX19693 evaluation board employs two SAMTECH Q Strip® (QSH) connectors for the digital interface. The EV Kit includes an adapter board that converts the QSH interface to an FPGA Mezzanine Connector (FMC). The FMC connector is commonly available on Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) FPGA evaluation boards such as the Xilinx© Virtex®-7 VC707 EV kit.
The MAX19692/MAX19693 EV Kit is supported by the MUXDAC Data Source based on a VC707 FPGA board which provides a useful tool for supplying the digital signals required to evaluate the MAX19692/MAX19693. Refer to the MUXDAC Data Source User’s Guide for more information.