Evaluation Kit for the MAX11195
The MAX11195 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX11195 of 14-bit, 2-channel, 2Msps, fully differential simultaneously sampling SAR ADCs with an internal reference. The EV kit includes an evaluation board and a graphical user interface (GUI) that provides communication from the target device to the PC through a ZedBoard™ with a Xilinx Zynq® -7000 SOC. The EV kit is connected to a ZedBoard through a low-pincount FMC connector and a ZedBoard connected to the PC through an Ethernet port.
The EV kit includes Windows XP®, Windows® 7 and Windows 8 compatible software for exercising the features of the IC. The EV kit GUI allows different sample sizes, adjustable sampling rates, and graphing software that includes the FFT and histogram of the sampled signals. The EV kit can be powered by +12V supply from ZedBoard or by an external power supply. The EV kit has two DC-DC converters and 5V LDO which provide all necessary supplies for operation with ZedBoard.
The MAX11195 EV kit comes installed with a MAX11195ATE+ in a 16-pin, 2mm x 3mm TQFN-EP package.
The EV kit aims to be used with an external resolver or encoder to monitor and measuring degrees of rotation or absolute position of the rotor at any given moment.
- 50MHz SPI Clock Capability through FMC Connector
- Various Sample Sizes and Sample Rates
- Collects Up to 1 Million Samples
- Time Domain, Frequency Domain, and Histogram Plotting
- Sync In and Sync Out for Coherent Sampling
- On-Board Input Buffers: MAX44242 and MAX44205 (Fully Differential)
- On-Board External Voltage Reference: MAX6126
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8-Compatible Software