Evaluation System for the MAX11166
The MAX11166 evaluation system (EV system) includes a mother board and daughter board to evaluate the MAX11166 16-bit ADC. The EV system includes a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the features of the IC. This GUI is compatible with Windows XP®-, Windows Vista®-, and Windows® 7. The EV system GUI allows different sample sizes, adjustable sampling rates, internal or external reference options, and graphing software that includes the following representations of the sampled signals: time domain, frequency domain, histogram, and single conversion.
The EV system is made up of the MAXPRECADCMB mother board with an on-board Altera FPGA and the daughter board for evaluating the IC. The mother board plugs into the PC through a high-speed USB link to send SPI commands through the GUI. The mother board accepts a 5V supply. The daughter board accepts ±15V supplies.
The daughter board comes installed with a MAX11166ETC+ in a 12-pin TDFN-EP package.
- Windows XP-, Windows Vista-, and Windows 7-Compatible Software
- High-Speed USB Interface
- Various Sample Sizes and Sample Rates
- Time Domain, Frequency Domain, and Histogram Plotting
- Collects Up to 1 Mega Samples
- Frequency, RMS, MIN, MAX, and Average DC Calculations
- On-Board Voltage Reference
- 40MHz SPI Interface
- RoHS Compliant
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested