- 10-Bit Resolution, ±0.5 LSB Linearity
- +3V Single-Supply Operation
- User-Adjustable Logic Level (+1.8V to +3.6V)
- Internal +2.5V Reference
- Software-Configurable, Analog Input Multiplexer
- 8-Channel Single-Ended/4-Channel Pseudo-Differential (MAX1091)
- 4-Channel Single-Ended/2-Channel Pseudo-Differential (MAX1093)
- Software-Configurable, Unipolar/Bipolar Inputs
- Low Power
- 1.9mA (250ksps)
- 1.0mA (100ksps)
- 400µA (10ksps)
- 2µA (Shutdown)
- Internal 3MHz Full-Power Bandwidth Track/Hold
- Byte-Wide Parallel (8 + 2) Interface
- Small Footprint:
- 28-Pin QSOP (MAX1091)
- 24-Pin QSOP (MAX1093)
Power consumption is only 5.7mW (VDD = VLOGIC) at the maximum sampling rate of 250ksps. Two software-selectable power-down modes enable the MAX1091/MAX1093 to be shut down between conversions; accessing the parallel interface returns them to normal operation. Powering down between conversions can cut supply current to under 10µA at reduced sampling rates.
Both devices offer software-configurable analog inputs for unipolar/bipolar and single-ended/pseudo-differential operation. In single-ended mode, the MAX1091 has eight input channels and the MAX1093 has four input channels (four and two input channels, respectively, when in pseudo-differential mode).
Excellent dynamic performance and low power, combined with ease of use and small package size, make these converters ideal for battery-powered and data-acquisition applications or for other circuits with demanding power consumption and space requirements.
The MAX1091/MAX1093 tri-states active-low INT when active-low CS goes high. Refer to MAX1061/MAX1063 if tri-stating active-low INT is not desired.
The MAX1091 is available in a 28-pin QSOP package, while the MAX1093 is available in a 24-pin QSOP. For pin-compatible +5V, 10-bit versions, refer to the MAX1090/MAX1092 data sheet.