- 2.5V to 5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- I2S, Left-Justified, or TDM Input
- Five Selectable Gains (-3dB, 3dB, 6dB, 9dB, and 12dB)
- Audio Channel Select (Left, Right, and Mono Mix)
- Filterless Operation
- Low EMI
- Complete Hardware System with Easy Setup, No Tools or Special Software Required
- Single Li-ion Cell/5V Devices
- Smart Speakers
- Notebook Computers
- IoT Devices
- Gaming Devices (Audio and Haptics)
The MAX98361 evaluation system (EV system) is a fully assembled and tested system that evaluates the MAX98361A/B/C/D mono Class-D audio amplifiers. The EV system consist of a MAX98361 Development Board (DEV board), Maxim’s Audio Interface Board III (AUDINT3), and a USB cable.
It is recommended that the DEV board be evaluated with the AUDINT3 board, as an EV system. MAX98361A and MAX98361C support the standard I2S interface, and MAX98361B and MAX98361D support standard left-justified mode. All MAX98361 variants support an 8-channel TDM digital audio interface.
The AUDINT3 board provides the USB-to-PCM interface in addition to the 1.8V VDDIO supply needed to evaluate the DEV board. The MAX98361 DEV board requires one additional supply input, 2.5V to 5.5V (VDD) when evaluating using the AUDINT3 board. Figure 1 details the DEV board and the AUDINT3 board.