nanoPower 4-Bump Comparator in Ultra-Tiny 0.73mm x 0.73mm WLP/SOT23 Packages
Nanopower Comparator Offers Industry's Smallest Package (0.73mm x 0.73mm)
TheMAX40002–MAX40005 and MAX40012–MAX40015 tiny, single comparators are ideal for a wide variety of portable electronics applications such as cell phones, media players, and notebooks that have extremely tight board space and power constraints. These comparators are offered in both, a miniature 4-bump wafer-level package (WLP) with a 0.73mm x 0.73mm footprint (as small as two 0402 resistors) and a 5-pin SOT23 package.
This device family operates with a supply voltage range from 1.7V to 5.5V (either VCC or external VREF), and consumes only 500nA of supply current. These devices have a wide input-voltage range of 0.1V to 5.5V, independent of the supply voltage, and maintain high impedance at the inputs even when powered down (VCC or external VREF = 0V). They also feature internal filtering to provide high RF immunity.
The MAX40002–MAX40003 and MAX40012–MAX40013 have open-drain outputs, while the MAX40004–MAX40005 and MAX40014–MAX40015 feature push-pull outputs. The MAX40002/MAX40004 and MAX40012–MAX40014 have noninverting inputs, while the MAX40003/MAX40005 and MAX40013–MAX40015 have inverting inputs (see the Selector Guide for more information).
These devices also come with an internal reference. The reference voltage is preset at the factory and parts are offered with the following voltage options: 0.2V, 0.5V, 0.9V or 1.222V (see Ordering Information table).
These devices are fully specified over -40°C to +125°C automotive temperature range.
- Tiny 0.73mm x 0.73mm, 4-Bump WLP and 5-Pin SOT23 Packages Save Board Space
- Ultra-Low 500nA Operating Current Preserves Battery Power in Applications Where Comparator is Constantly Monitoring
- 1.7V to 5.5V Supply Range Allows Operation from 1.8V, 2.5V, 3V, and 5V Systems
- Input Voltage Range: 0.1V to 5.5V
- External REF Range: 1.7V to 5.5V
- Wide Variety of Factory-Trimmed Reference Voltages Saves Space and Cost of External Reference:
- 0.2V, 0.5V, 0.9V, 1.222V
- 9µs Propagation Delay
- -40°C to +125°C Specified Temperature Range
|Input Range||VSUPPLY (Total)|
|ICC per Comp.|
|Logic Out||Oper. Temp.|
|1.7||5.5||1.1||0.5||10||Open Drain||-40 to +125|
MAX40002EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX40002/MAX40003/MAX40004/MAX40005/MAX40012/MAX40013/MAX40014/MAX40015
MAX40003EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX40002/MAX40003/MAX40004/MAX40005/MAX40012/MAX40013/MAX40014/MAX40015
MAX40004EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX40002/MAX40003/MAX40004/MAX40005/MAX40012/MAX40013/MAX40014/MAX40015
MAX40005EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX40002/MAX40003/MAX40004/MAX40005/MAX40012/MAX40013/MAX40014/MAX40015
- 700mW per Channel
- 2.57Gbps at +1V Programmed
- 280ps Typical Rise/Fall Times at +2V (20% to 80%)
- Programmable Double Time Constant Cable-Droop Compensation
- Digital Slew-Rate Control for EMI Sensitive Applications
- Adjustable Output Resistance with 360mΩ Resolution
- Enables ASIL Compliance (FMEDA Available Upon Request)
- Internal Multiplexer
- Fast Propagation Delay: 280ps, Typ
- Low Overdrive Dispersion: 25ps (VOD = 10mV to 1V)
- Supply Voltage 2.7V to 3.6V