- Low Power at High Speed Maximizes Driver Performance
- 700mW per Channel
- 2.57Gbps at +1V Programmed
- 280ps Typical Rise/Fall Times at +2V (20% to 80%)
- Very Low Timing Dispersion at 50ps (typ)
- Wide Voltage Range from -2V to +6V
- Integrated VHH Programming Mode (4th-Level Drive) up to 13V
- 100nA Low-Leak Mode
- Integrated Functionality Provides Value-Added Features
- Programmable Double Time Constant Cable-Droop Compensation
- Digital Slew-Rate Control for EMI-Sensitive Applications
- Adjustable Output Resistance with 360mΩ Resolution
- 22 DACs to Generate DC Voltage Levels for Control and Monitoring
- 50MHz SPI Interface
The MAX32000 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested printed circuit board (PCB) that simplifies evaluation and demonstrates the functionality of the MAX32000, a quad-channel pin electronics driver with calibration comparator and level-setting DACs. Standard 50Ω SMA connectors are included on the EV kit for the inputs and outputs to allow for quick and easy evaluation on the test bench.
The MAX32000 EV kit contains a microcontroller that translates between the SPI interface and USB to allow the user to configure internal registers and modes with graphical user interface (GUI) software running on a PC. The EV kit includes Windows® 10-compatible software that provides a simple GUI for configuration of all the MAX32000 registers through SPI. The EV kit is fully assembled and tested at the factory.
This document provides a list of equipment required to evaluate the device, straightforward test procedure to verify functionality, description of the EV kit circuit, component list, circuit schematic, and artwork for each layer of the PCB.