- Wide Input Range: 11V to 110V
- Internal High-Voltage Startup Circuit
- Externally Adjustable Settings
- Output Switch Current Limit
- Oscillator Frequency
- Undervoltage Lockout
- Maximum Duty Cycle
- Low External Component Count
- External Frequency Synchronization
- Primary or Secondary Regulation
- Input Feed-Forward for Fast Line-Transient Response
- Precision ±2.5% Reference over Rated Temperature Range
- Thermal Shutdown
The MAX5003 offers some distinctive advantages: soft-start, undervoltage lockout, external frequency synchronization, and fast input voltage feed-forward. The device is designed to operate at up to 300kHz switching frequency. This allows use of miniature magnetic components and low-profile capacitors. Undervoltage lockout, soft-start, switching frequency, maximum duty cycle, and overcurrent protection limit are all adjustable using a minimum number of external components. In systems with multiple controllers, the MAX5003 can be externally synchronized to operate from a common system clock.
Warning: The MAX5003 is designed to operate with high voltages. Exercise caution.
The MAX5003 is available in 16-pin SO and QSOP packages. An evaluation kit (MAX5003EVKIT) is also available.