- Monolithic 16-Bit, 1Msps A/D Converter
- Single +5V Supply
- ±VREF Differential Input Voltage Range
- 87dB SNR for fIN = 100kHz
- 91dB SFDR for fIN = 100kHz
- 273mW Low-Power Dissipation
- ±0.5LSB Differential Nonlinearity Error
- Three-State, Two's Complement Output Data
- On-Demand Self-Calibration
- Pin-Compatible 14-Bit Versions Available (1Msps MAX1205, 2.2Msps MAX1201)
The fully differential inputs allow an input swing of ±VREF. The reference is also differential with the positive reference (RFPF) typically connected to +4.096V and the negative reference (RFNF) connected to analog ground. Additional sensing pins (RFPS, RFNS) are provided to compensate for any resistive divider action that may occur. A single-ended input is also possible using two operational amplifiers.
Power dissipation is typically only 273mW at +5V, at a sampling rate of 1Msps. The device employs a CMOS-compatible, 16-bit parallel, two's complement output data format. For a higher sampling speed (up to 2.2Msps) but lower resolution (14-bit), select the MAX1201, a pin-compatible version of the MAX1200.
The MAX1200 is available in an MQFP package and operates over the commercial (0°C to +70°C) and extended-industrial (-40°C to +85°C) temperature ranges.