The MAX16990 is a high-performance, current-mode, pulse-width mode (PWM) controller with 4μA (typ) shutdown current for wide input-voltage range boost converters/single-ended primary-inductor converters (SEPIC). The 4.5V to 36V input operating voltage range makes this device ideal in automotive applications such as front-end preboost or SEPIC power supplies, and for the first boost stage in high-power LED lighting applications. An internal low-dropout (LDO) regulator (PVL) with a 5V output voltage enables the MAX16990 to operate directly from an automotive battery input. The input operating range can be extended to as low as 2.5V when the converter output is applied to the SUP input.
There are multiple versions of the device offering one or more of the following functions: a synchronization output (SYNCO) for two-phase operations, an overvoltage protection function using a separate input pin (OVP), and a reference input pin (REFIN) to allow on-the-fly output voltage adjustment. All versions can be synchronized to an external master clock using the FSET/SYNC input.
The MAX16990 also has a factory-programmable, spread-spectrum option. The device is available in compact 12-pin TQFN and 10-pin μMAX® packages.
- Space-Efficient Solution Design with Minimized External Components
- 100kHz to 1MHz Switching-Frequency Ranges
- 12-Pin TQFN (3mm x 3mm) and 10-Pin μMAX Packages
- Spread Spectrum Simplifies EMI Management Design
- Flexibility with Available Configurations for Boost, SEPIC, and Multiphase Applications
- Adjustable Slope Compensation
- Current-Mode Control
- Internal Soft-Start (9ms)
- Protection Features Support Robust Automotive Applications
- Operating Voltage Range down to 4.5V (2.5V or Lower in Bootstrapped Mode), Immune to Load- Dump Transient Voltages up to 42V
- PGOOD Output and Hiccup Mode for Enhanced System Protection
- Overtemperature Shutdown
- -40°C to +125°C Operation
设计, 制作, 测试
|MAXREFDES1210 Test Results||539KB||2021-11-21|