This product is Not Recommended for New Designs. Some versions may be
No Longer Available or being discontinued and subject to Last Time
Buy, after which new orders can not be placed.
The DS1666 Audio Taper Potentiometer is a solid-state, 128-position digital potentiometer with a pseudo-logarithmic resistor array designed to behave with analog characteristics, specifically suited to audio applications. Wiper position is controlled via a simple increment/decrement control interface.
On power-up, the wiper for the DS1666 is set to 10% of active digital taps/3% of total end-to-end resistance of the potentiometer. Taps on the lower portion of the potentiometer increment 0.25% of the total resistance within ±0.5% of the expected value. Taps on the higher portion increment 1.5% of the total resistance within ±2.0% of the expected value. The DS1666 can operate using a bipolar ±5-volt supply or single +5-volt supply.
As an electronically controlled IC, the DS1666 gives designers and users the digital advantages of more control, flexibility and accuracy, while mimicking audio taper capability. Standard IC packaging is also consistent with automated assembly processes.