Maxim Integrated’s High-Voltage Battery Sensor Extends Battery Life and Supports Highest Automotive Safety Rating
High-voltage battery sensor meets toughest OEM standards in safety, performance, and reliability.
[High-resolution images: ]
Maxim's 70V-tolerant, 12-cell sensor meets toughest OEM standards for automotive safety, performance, and reliability.
San Jose, CA—September 20, 2012—Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM) introduces the MAX17823, a fourth-generation high-voltage battery sensor for mission-critical automotive and industrial lithium-ion battery and fuel cell applications. Offering a full suite of proprietary integrated ISO-26262 diagnostic features, the MAX17823 maximizes electric and hybrid electric vehicle driving range while ensuring battery and fuel cell safety and reliability.
A proprietary, differential UART communications link is automotive EMC-hardened, enabling uninterrupted cell monitoring during battery pack service disconnect and eliminating costly digital isolators. An innovative shutdown feature safely enters all daisy-chain devices into submicro-ampere sleep mode when a host microcontroller loses 12V power. ASIL-D (Automotive Safety Integrity Level "D", per ISO-26262) compliance is achieved and maintained with unmatched, accurate 96-cell, 100 measurements-per-second performance. The 96-cell hot-plug immunity ensures highest reliability during BMS (battery management system) manufacturing.
- ASIL-D compliance
- Uncompromising accuracy: better than 2mV cell voltage measurement
- Ensures system safety: comprehensive smart diagnostics eliminate premature system shutdown
- Reliable EMC compliance: robust daisy-chain UART interface supports cable lengths of up to 3m and passes rigorous industry EMC-compliance testing
- Highest reliability during manufacture: 96-cell hot-plug and cell-reversal immunity allows for safe pack assembly
- Industry's fastest cell measurement and diagnostic speed: 100 times per second
Availability and Pricing
- "The MAX17823 is the culmination of multiyear R&D partnerships with our key automotive OEM and Tier-1 customers," said Naveed Majid, Managing Director at Maxim Integrated. "The MAX17823's industry-leading performance and benefits have been proven through rigorous EV and HEV program qualification testing by major automakers." added Majid.
Maxim also offers the MAX17830, a second-generation, high-voltage battery-management solution.
- Available in a 64-pin LQFP package (10mm × 10mm).
- Specified for the -40°C to +105°C temperature range.
- Contact factory for pricing details.
About Maxim Integrated
At Maxim Integrated, we put analog together in a way that sets our customers apart. In Fiscal 2012, we reported revenues of $2.4 billion.
|Contact: ||Ferda Millan|
|Additional Information: ||MAX17823|
|High-resolution images: ||Download RGB: (TIF.ZIP) |
Download CMYK: (PDF)